ICM Controls is looking for an Electrical Engineer to develop electrical circuit design for new products, provide product support and improve electrical reliability of HVAC components.
- Researches and designs electrical circuits, components, and integrated systems.
- Develops new application of components to products or system
- Directs engineering personnel in fabrication of test control apparatus equipment
- Prepare concept sketches, layouts, and specification documents as required
- Assignments may involve new product design, product improvements, test, electrical reliability analysis, production liaison and service liaison utilizing a variety of engineering disciplines
- Prepare basic analysis, test, performance, schedule, and cost information as required in assigned area of responsibility
- Prepares and reports on progress, feasibility, and concept studies, etc. as required
- Maintains close contact and coordinate activities with other groups within the Engineering department
- Ensures developments and document designs are in compliance with ISO Quality System requirements
- Integrate new technologies, techniques, and concepts to enhance functionality, simplify designs, improve reliability, and reduce production costs.
- Works with Manufacturing Engineering to plan and execute design for manufacturability and design for testability activities
- Works with project team members to identify and mitigate development risks and produce development plans.
- Participates in sustaining engineering for a wide variety of products and components.
- Participates in product risk analysis activities
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering.
Experience: Proven experience in design, repair and analysis of electronic systems. Exposure to electrical engineering design principles and methodologies preferred.
- Working practical knowledge of circuit design to include analog control and digital controls using microprocessors.
- Ability to understand and explain complex technical problems.
- Ability to troubleshoot complete electronic assemblies to the component level leveraging hands on knowledge of circuit theory and the use of diagnostic tools/lab equipment.
- Business related computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of engineering concepts and practices to include design, electronics as well as effective implementation of process improvements into engineered environment.
- Familiarity with regulatory agencies governing product lines and implementation of industry standards as set forth by UL, CSA, AGI and DIN.
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- North Syracuse, NY
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
About ICM Controls:
ICM Controls is a leading, ISO Certified manufacturer of electronic controls specializing in the HVAC industry. We have achieved this position through product and process innovation that spans more than 30 years, and we strive to maintain this position through extensive capitalization, focusing on our greatest manufacturing strength: true vertical integration. The ICM Controls manufacturing plant, located in North Syracuse, NY, is one of the most vertically integrated facilities in the country.
Find a distributor
Find a distributor nearby entering your location, to get a quote or more information about specfic products or services